“People don’t take trips, trips take people” is just a normal quote for me until I went on my first road trip. But now, I understand the meaning behind this quote. My first road trip made me who I am today – a traveler. Here is a list of the 10 best romantic road trips in India for couples.
Earlier I told you about the best places to visit in June-July in India. But, in today’s article, I am going to tell you about the 10 most awesome & amazing road trip ideas to take in India.
All the places below are so beautiful that couples can’t stop themselves from taking these road trips as romantic long drives to enjoy nature’s scenic beauty with their loved partner.
It’s totally up to you whether you want to go in a car or on a bike. You should make choices according to your comfort and need. But I advise you to go in a car because bikes are best for solo road trips, and a car is more suitable & comfortable for couples to enjoy the trip.
Most Popular Romantic Road Trip Ideas For Couples to Take in India in 2024
Following are the best and most popular road trips in India that every couple must take once in their lifetime-
1. A Road Trip To Mount Abu
Mount Abu is a beautiful hill station, situated in the Aravalli Range of mountains in Rajasthan state, near the Gujrat border. During the rainy season, the way to Mount Abu turns out to be full of the most amazing natural scenic scenes. All over the way, you will find trees & mountains welcoming you to the magic land of Rajasthan’s hill station – Mount Abu.
People visit Mount Abu from many famous locations in India via road. Udaipur to Mount Abu, Ajmer to Mount Abu, Delhi to Mount Abu, Mumbai to Mount Abu, and Ahmedabad to Mount Abu are some of the most popular road trips among travelers. A road trip to Mount Abu is one of the most romantic road trips for couples in India.
- Mount Abu travel distance from Udaipur– Approx. 165 kilometers
- Mount Abu travel distance from Ajmer– Approx. 370 kilometers
- Mount Abu travel distance from Jaisalmer– Approx. 435 kilometers
- Mount Abu travel distance from Delhi– Approx. 790 kilometers
- Mount Abu travel distance from Mumbai– Approx. 755 kilometers
- Mount Abu travel distance from Ahmedabad– Approx. 230 kilometers
- Mount Abu travel distance from Jaipur– Approx. 500 kilometers
- Mount Abu travel distance from Agra– Approx. 755 kilometers
- Mount Abu travel distance from Gwalior– Approx. 780 kilometers
- Mount Abu travel distance from Indore– Approx. 550 kilometers
2. A Roadtrip To Tawang
Tawang is a small town located near the China-Bhutan-Tibet border in Arunachal Pradesh, India. A road trip to Tawang is one of the most adventurous road trips to take in India. It is a road trip for professional travelers. So, if you and your partner are adventure-loving people then you should take this once-in-a-lifetime road trip.
A road trip to Tawang starts from Guwahati city of Assam. Guwahati to Tawang is one of the most popular road trips in India. The Tezpur to Tawang road trip is also very famous among couples for a romantic long drive. I suggest you do not go on this road trip in a small car because the roads are not in very good condition.
- Tawang travel distance from Guwahati– Approx.
- Tawang travel distance from Tezpur– Approx.
- Tawang travel distance from Itanagar– Approx.
3. Mumbai To Pune Road Trip
The Mumbai To Pune road trip is the most romantic road trip in India that couples can ever wish to have. It is a romantic paradise for love birds in Mumbai and for Pune as well. However, one must have to decide a few things before starting this road trip. Like on what vehicle they are going to travel and which route they are going to choose.
There are two routes to travel between Mumbai & Pune. One is the Mumbai-Pune Expressway and the other one is the Old Mumbai-Pune Highway. Both routes have amazing scenic views. Mumbai-Pune Expressway is the newly constructed expressway and two-wheelers are not allowed on this route. Car is the only option to travel on this route and for bike riders, the Old Mumbai–Pune highway is the route.
- Travel distance between Mumbai & Pune via Expressway- Approx. 148 kilometers
- Travel distance between Mumbai & Pune via Old Highway- Approx. 152 kilometers
4. Jammu To Srinagar Road Trip
Srinagar city is very popular among newly married couples as a romantic destination for their honeymoon. The way to Srinagar is as beautiful as the city itself. It is a very scenic and romantic road trip from Jammu to Srinagar. The highway condition is good and it takes about 6 hours under normal conditions with multiple stoppages.
- Travel distance between Jammu and Srinagar- Approx. 270 kilometers
Also Read: Most Romantic Kashmir Honeymoon Packages
5. Kolkata To Digha Road Trip
Digha is a beautiful seaside resort town situated in the Purba Medinipur district of West Bengal. It is every Calcuttan’s favorite destination to visit during the weekend. The way to Digha from Kolkata is very lovely because of the greenery-laden journey, the abundance of eateries along the way, and the smooth road.
This is why couples from Kolkata prefer to visit Digha via road in a self-drive car to enjoy the lovely drive. It is one of the affordable road trips from Kolkata to enjoy with your partner. It would take around 3 to 4 hours to reach Digha from Kolkata by car.
- Travel distance between Kolkata and Digha- Approx. 190 kilometers
6. Chandigarh To Kasol Road Trip
Chandigarh to Kasol is one of the most popular road trips in India, especially for couples from Delhi & nearby areas. Kasol is very beautiful and so is the way to Kasol. All over the way, you will see beautiful mountains & amazing natural scenic views of the highway outskirts.
- Travel distance between Chandigarh and Kasol- Approx. 290 kilometers
7. East Coast Road Trip
East Coast Road is a combination of state & national highways, connecting Tamil Nadu’s state capital city Chennai with Kanyakumari via Puducherry, Cuddalore, Chidambaram, Sirkali, Thirukkadaiyur, Tharangambadi, Karaikal, Nagore, Nagapattinam, Thiruthuraipoondi, Muthupet, Adirampattinam, Manora, Manamelkudi, Mimisal, Ramanathapuram, Thoothukudi, Tiruchendur, Uvari, Kudankulam.
It is one of the most beautiful and well-maintained highways in India. Most of the time, one will witness the Bay of Bengal Sea on one side of the highway. The is so mesmerizing and romantic that couples can’t stop themselves from taking a long drive on this route. One can choose their starting and ending point for the East Coast road trip according to their comfort.
- East Coast Road Chennai to Kanyakumari distance- Approx. 780 kilometers
8. Delhi To Leh Via Manali
Delhi to Leh via Manali is India’s most famous road trip among travelers. Leh is the dream destination of every travel lover in India and it offers spectacular views of the Himalayas. Couples can enjoy this road trip but as it is a long trip of around a thousand kilometers, one must have a prior experience of long road trips unless there will be more suffering rather than fun & enjoyment.
- Travel distance between Delhi and Leh via Manali- Approx. 1020 kilometers
9. The Old Silk Route Road Trip
The Old Silk Route in Sikkim is a very popular road trip among northeast Indian couples. One can visit and take a trip to Old Silk Route from Darjeeling, or Kalimpong. A beautiful small village named Zuluk is situated near the Old Silk Route. A road trip to the Silk Route with your loved partner is a memory that you will never forget.
- Travel distance of the entire Ancient Silk Road- Approx. 900 kilometers
- Travel distance of the Indian part of the Silk Road- Approx. 120 kilometers
- Travel distance between Darjeeling and Zuluk via Silk Route- Approx. 140 kilometers
- Travel distance between Kalimpong and Zuluk via Silk Route- Approx. 90 kilometers
10. Bangalore To Coorg To Mangalore To Karwar To Goa
It can be the most wonderful and amazing road trip one can ever imagine in their dreams. And, it is not necessary to cover all the destinations. Actually, these five are the best and most scenic places situated at a particular distance from each other. So you can choose any of the two destinations and you will not regret anything because the way (outskirts) between all these places is the most beautiful and spectacular.
- Travel distance between Bangalore and Coorg- Approx. 280 kilometers
- Travel distance between Coorg and Mangalore- Approx. 170 kilometers
- Travel distance between Mangalore and Karwar- Approx. 400 kilometers
- Travel distance between Karwar and Goa- Approx. 80 kilometers
- Travel distance between Bangalore and Mangalore- Approx. 355 kilometers
- Travel distance between Coorg and Karwar- Approx. 410 kilometers
- Travel distance between Mangalore and Goa- Approx. 350 kilometers
- Travel distance between Bangalore and Goa- Approx. 570 kilometers
I think you must have decided now which road trip to take with your loved partner to get the most exhilarating experiences of your life. But, if you still have not found the best road trip for yourself then I advise you to just stop searching for the best road trip ideas on the internet and start finding them in real life. There is a popular saying – “You may not find a path, but you will find a way.”