A vacation in the UAE entices you not only with luxury experiences but with a rustic bygone Bedouin era and deeply rooted culture that is unique to the region. There is something about the UAE that makes you respect and want to learn more about its culture.
Even Dubai, the most opulent city in the UAE, has an amazing mix of old-world charms and thrilling nature adventures. If you want a vacation that adds value and unique experiences to your life, the UAE is the place to be.
Check out these breathtaking regions and cities in UAE that you should visit for an enriching experience.
Also Read: Top 10 Romantic Places For Couples in Dubai
6 Best Cities to Visit in The United Arab Emirates
Following are the top 6 cities to visit in the United Arab Emirates-
Dubai is the first city in the UAE you should check out for an offbeat vacation. It is true that the city has towering skyscrapers and record-breaking attractions, but there is something more to it than just modernity.
- Make your way to Dubai Creek, a place with a lot of beautiful sights and Bedouin architecture, preserved from the tides of time.
- Explore the Dubai Souks instead of the usual posh malls and find a myriad of traditional things at a very reasonable price.
- Find out how the city was before it became a mega metropolis at Al Fahidi Historic Neighbourhood. Here, you can see how the city looked and felt before it became a mega-metropolis.
- The Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum Centre for Cultural Understanding is another place where you can learn more about Dubai’s Bedouin culture.
- Check out Dubai Frame, which perfectly captures the old and modern-day Dubai’s splendors.
- A Dhow Cruise experience is an absolute must-do on your UAE vacation.
2. Abu Dhabi City
The capital city of UAE is another place known for its larger-than-life attractions. But that’s, not all the city has to offer. With a rich heritage and a calmer vibe than Dubai, Abu Dhabi is a great place to explore.
- Definitely check out the Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque which is visually stunning and encompasses architectural elements from various Middle Eastern locations.
- Heritage Village offers a nomad’s outlook of Abu Dhabi when it was still rustic and bereft of modernity. It’s hard to imagine how simple and humble the UAE was back then.
- Take in the beauty of nature at Jubail Mangrove Park, one of the lushest spots in the UAE.
- Check out Iranian Souk, the best place to shop on a budget. You can get a great deal on traditional spices and original carpets at these Arab markets.
- Visit Saadiyat Island and the gorgeous Louvre Abu Dhabi, an epitome of modern design and a bond between the Middle East and Europe.
- Get a great view of the sea and yachts moored at the harbor at Palace Marina, against the backdrop of the Emirates Palace hotel. It’s one of the most picturesque places in Abu Dhabi.
3. Al Wathba
The amber golden dunes in the desert are a must-see for anyone visiting the UAE. The Al Wathda region of Abu Dhabi deviates from the typical desert landscape. This region is about 40 minutes from Abu Dhabi and has wind-swept rugged rock formations that contrast with rust-orange sand dunes. Known as fossil dunes, this region is one of the surreal places to visit in the UAE.
- Take a 4×4 tour, a desert safari tour, or a horse or camel ride to explore the fossil dunes.
- Visit the Al Wathba Wetland Reserve, where you can see flamingos and other exotic birds.
- Don’t mind splurging on your holiday? Make Al Wathba your home for a day and stay at deluxe desert camps for the night.
- Enjoy a falconry show, an Emirati sport showcasing the majestic bird’s hunting skills.
4. Al Ain
If you’re a nature lover or want an off-beat experience, Abu Dhabi is much better than Dubai. There is a city called Al Ain located on the eastern side of the emirate. Due to its verdant landscapes, it is perhaps one of the best cities in UAE to immerse oneself in nature.
- Wander through the Al Ain Oasis’ canopies of date palm trees and learn about the ancient irrigation system of Falaj. This system keeps this region lush and green to this day.
- Experience the impressive architecture of a bygone era at Al Jahili Fort and Qasr Al Muwaiji – heritage sites that have stood the test of time.
- The highest peak in Abu Dhabi, Jebel Hafit, offers hiking and trekking expeditions among rugged raw cliffs and gorgeous sunsets. Visit Wadi Adventure Park to enjoy an exhilarating whitewater rafting experience.
As the cultural capital of the UAE, Sharjah offers plenty of heritage sites and is great for history buffs. The emirate fuses a rich cultural heritage with contemporary vibes. But there are also some hidden gems in the UAE that you shouldn’t miss out on.
- Spend a couple of days at KhorFakkan on the eastern coast of the UAE. This awesome exclave of Sharjah on the Gulf of Oman is a great place to unwind and gear up for some snorkeling or scuba diving experiences in the crystal blue waters.
- You can find Al Noor Island at Khalid Lagoon, just 10 minutes from Sharjah City Centre. This spot instantly transports you to a tranquil nature wonderland so different from Sharjah City.
- Explore the Mleiha Archeological Centre for a deeper insight into Emirati culture and historic eras. You can come across tales of civilization dating back to the Bronze Age and how it emerged in present-day UAE. Also, the attraction runs space camps where you can learn about astronomy in the dark skies of Arabia.
6. Ras Al Khaimah
Certainly, Dubai’s IMG World rides or Ferrari World Abu Dhabi’s rollercoasters can get you an adrenaline rush and thrilling fun. However, the real thrill is experiencing these things in the rugged settings and mountain breezy valleys of Jebel Jais in Ras Al Khaimah, in a natural environment.
Besides being the highest mountain in the UAE, Jebel Jais is a natural playground for adventure lovers. If you want an exhilarating adventure experience in the middle of natural scenery, this is the place to go.
- When you are looking for something exciting to do during your next outdoor excursion, you should take a trip to Jebel Jais which is home to one of the world’s longest ziplining adventures.
- Furthermore, there are also trekking expeditions to look forward to, as well as camping opportunities if you wish to spend a night among this Arabian splendor while you make your way through these trails.
- For nature lovers, head to the viewing deck to enjoy sweeping views of the rugged cliffs and valleys of Jebel Jais.
In a nutshell, UAE isn’t just a destination for shopping and dining in hotels of unparalleled luxury and enjoying extravagant attractions, although these are all a big part of it. When you look closer, you find that UAE isn’t explored to its full potential.
A large part of the UAE is home to hidden gems that go unnoticed under the glimmer of modern lifestyle. If you want to make your UAE tour truly comprehensive, consider visiting a few of these places for an offbeat, enriching experience.