Rajiv Chowk Metro Station New Delhi - Amazing Facts
1. Rajiv Chowk Metro station is one of the busiest metro stations in New Delhi.
2. Rajiv Chowk metro station is an underground metro station situated underneath Central Park at Connaught Place (CP).
3. Rajiv Chowk metro station handles more than 5 lakh passengers every day.
4. Rajiv Chowk is the nearest metro station to Connaught Place (CP).
5. The famous underground market of New Delhi, Palika Bazar is situated outside the Rajiv Chowk metro station.
6. Rajiv Chowk metro station is also popularly known as Connaught Place (CP) metro station & Palika Bazar metro station.
7. Rajiv Chowk metro station has been built over an area of 39,503 square feet. It is considered one of the biggest metro stations of Delhi NCR Metro.
8. Rajiv Chowk was named after the name of late Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi.
9. Popular news magazine BusinessToday once stated that the name of Rajiv Chowk metro station is not named after Rajiv Gandhi but Rajiv Goswami, a political activist student who protested against the Mandal Commission.