10 Most Amazing Facts About The Famous Leaning Tower of Pisa, Italy
Italy has many historical buildings, but the Leaning Tower of Pisa is the most beautiful tourist attraction.
Here is a list of 10 most amazing facts about the Leaning Tower of Pisa in Italy.
1. The construction of Pisa Tower took place between 1173 and 1399.
2. Pisa Tower was a significant part of the cathedral complex.
3. Pisa Tower has had a historical significance for over 800 years.
4. Although Pisa Tower is famous for its lean structure and appearance, it was not leaning initially.
5. The original design was to construct the tower straight.
6. The north side started titling during the second-floor construction due to bad soil underneath it.
7. Pisa Tower had a foundation of three meters, meaning the chances of leaning were higher from the beginning.
8. The legendary scientist, Galileo Galilei used Pisa Tower for various experiments to prove his theories.
9. Benito Mussolini ruined the Tower of Pisa once. Mussolini, an Italian dictator, tried to fix the leaning problem of the tower in 1934.
10. The Leaning Tower of Pisa has survived four earthquakes throughout history and is still standing tall.
The Real History of India's Most Famous Tourist Attraction-Taj Mahal, Agra.