9 Fascinating Facts About Eiffel Tower in Paris, France
The Eiffel Tower in Paris, France, is one of the most well-known structures in the world. Here are 9 interesting facts about this world-famous attraction.
1. The Eiffel Tower was built as a temporary display for the 1889 World Fair in Paris. Later, the French government decided that the tower was too useful to be dismantled.
2. The Eiffel Tower changes in size. The tower's metal contracts in the winter and expands in the summer allowing the tower to change in size throughout the year.
3. The Tower can move. Yes, if the weather conditions worsen you can see it move. Not only the weather, the sun also causes the tower to tilt away.
4. At the top of the tower, Architect Gustave Eiffel built a private apartment where he could conduct experiments and entertain distinguished visitors.
5. Despite the fact that the Eiffel Tower was named after Gustave Eiffel, he is not the one who was responsible for designing the structure.
The Tower was actually designed by two senior engineers named Maurice Koechlin and Emile Nouguier.
7. However, Mr. Eiffel contributed a majority of the funds to build the tower and later purchased the patent rights.
8. In 1944, Hitler ordered the destruction of the entire city of Paris, along with the Eiffel Tower.
9. The Tower is Actually Married! No, don’t be surprised! Erika Aya (or Erika Eiffel), an American competitive archer, “married” the Tower in 2007.
For more amazing posts, please visit-