Statue of Liberty, New York - Most Amazing Facts
1. The Statue of Liberty is located at Liberty Island Manhattan, New York City, New York, U.S.A.
2. It was gifted by France to the United States in 1886.
3. The Statue was completed in France in July 1884 and arrived in New York Harbor on 17 June, 1885 onboard the French frigate "Isere."
4. In transit, the Statue was divided into 350 pieces and packed in 214 crates. When the pieces of this statue reached in America, it took 4 months to re-assemble all the parts.
5. Height of the Statue from her heel to the top of her head is 111 feet, 6 inches.
6. Its height from the base of the pedestal foundation to the torch is 305 feet, 6 inches.
7. The Statue of Liberty weighted around 225 tons.
8. There are 7 rays on her crown, representing the 7 continents of the world. The length of each ray is 9 feet and weight around150 pounds.
9. During the restoration completed in 1986, the new torch was carefully covered with thin sheets of 24k gold.
For more amazing posts, please visit-