Rajiv Chowk Metro Station New Delhi
“The next station is Rajiv Chowk. The doors will open on the left. Please mind the gap.” By reading this, you must have gotten the idea that this article is about Delhi Metro’s most popular station- Rajiv Chowk.
Rajiv Chowk Metro Station is one of the busiest metro stations in New Delhi. It handles more than 5 lakh passengers every day. It is a transfer station between the Blue Line on the upper level and the Yellow Line on the lower level. Rajiv Chowk is the nearest metro station to Connaught Place (CP).
Recently I went to Connaught Place in Delhi from Noida Sector 62 via metro. I board down from the metro at Rajiv Chowk station because CP and Rajiv Chowk are the same places. Rajiv Chowk was named after the name of late Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi.
In this post, I will share my experience at Rajiv Chowk metro station, fun facts about Rajiv Chowk metro station, cafes-restaurants at Rajiv Chowk metro station, and entry & exit gates at Rajiv Chowk metro station.
Rajiv Chowk (Connaught Place) Metro Station New Delhi – All You Need To Know
Rajiv Chowk metro station is an underground metro station situated underneath Central Park at Connaught Place (CP). Rajiv Chowk metro station is said to be the heart of Delhi Metro. The metro station has a nice ambiance and is providing good facilities to passengers.
Many businesses and important buildings, restaurants, and cinemas are situated just outside the station at Connaught Place. The famous underground market of New Delhi, Palika Bazar is situated outside the Rajiv Chowk metro station.
Rajiv Chowk metro station Entry/ Exit Gate Details
The following is the important information related to the entry and exit gates of Rajiv Chowk metro station-
- Gate No. 1:- B Block/ Radial Road-3
- Gate No. 2:- PVR Plaza
- Gate No. 3:- D Block/ Odeon Cinema
- Gate No. 4:- E Block/ Barakhamba Road
- Gate No. 5:- N & F Block
- Gate No. 6:- Palika Bazar
- Gate No. 7:- A Block/ Regal Cinema
- Gate No. 8:- A Block
Rajiv Chowk metro station TimeTable
- First Metro at 5:30 AM
- Last Metro at 11:15 PM
Cafes/ Restaurants/ Food Stalls at Rajiv Chowk Metro Station
Rajiv Chowk metro station has various food joints/ food stalls/ cafes/restaurants available at entry/ exit gates and at all the platforms of the station. Some famous brand outlets are also available like Cafe Coffee Day (CCD), Burger King, and more.
All the food joints provide a lot of options for eateries but yes the crowd is a bit high during rush hours. So it’s better to eat outside the metro station. Because you will get a lot more options on eateries at Connaught Place.
Fun Facts about Rajiv Chowk Metro Station
1. Popular news magazine BusinessToday once stated that the name of Rajiv Chowk metro station is not named after Rajiv Gandhi but Rajiv Goswami, a political activist student who protested against the Mandal Commission.
2. Rajiv Chowk metro station has been built over an area of 39,503 square feet. It is considered one of the biggest metro stations of Delhi NCR Metro.
3. Rajiv Chowk metro station is also popularly known as Connaught Place (CP) metro station & Palika Bazar metro station.
4. Rajiv Chowk metro station handles more than 5 lakh passengers every day which makes it one of the busiest metro stations in Delhi NCR.
Also Read: How to Reach India Gate in New Delhi